The Moderators Group is responsible for;
The officers of the church shall be Moderator, Vice Moderator, Clerk/Corporate Secretary, and Treasurer. Each officer shall be elected by a congregational vote for a term of one year, and shall take office upon completion of the outgoing officer’s term of service. All officers shall be eligible for re-election with the caveat that the Moderator shall be limited typically to three consecutive years of office.
Moderator: The Moderator shall
• Act as and be the president of this corporation;
• Preside at meetings of the Board;
• Advise newly elected officers and committees/networks of their duties;
• Establish task groups;
• Be responsible for the proper transfer of records and equipment from retiring officers to their successors; and
• Be an ex officio member of all committees/networks.
• Vice Moderator:
• The Vice Moderator shall serve in all capacities of the Moderator in that person’s absence, death or disability.
Clerk: The Clerk shall
• Keep an accurate record of the proceedings of all meetings of the membership and of the Board;
• Maintain accurate membership rolls, including a complete record of members who have departed by death or by decision;
• Maintain records of all members baptized, including their date of birth and date of baptism;
• Present at the Annual Meeting a written report of the activities of the church for the previous year; and
• Perform such other duties as the Pastor and/or Board may direct.
Treasurer: The Treasurer, with the cooperation of the Church Administrator, the supervision of the Finance & Endowment Committee, and in conformity with accepted bookkeeping practices, shall
• Keep an accurate record of all receipts and disbursements;
• Have custody of all monies of the church; and
• Disburse same only upon written authorization of the Board or by vote of the church.